When you receive a Stylish Blogging Award, you are given three assignments.
First, thank and link back to the people who awarded it to you. Thank you so much, Becky and Teresa! I am honored.
Second, share seven things about yourself.
- When I was in first grade, a piece of my artwork went on display at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. It was a picture of a wolf in the woods. It was done in crayon on black construction paper, with a light coating of white watercolor painted over the whole piece. I remember it vividly, and the experience of seeing it on display at a real art museum made me feel like a real artist. It was in a huge gallery on one of many walls covered in elementary students’ work. Mine was the best piece on display that day. By far. Really. My mom said so.
- My favorite drink is a dirty martini.
- I quit smoking in 2006. I’m planning to start up again when I turn 85. But I’ll roll my own. And they may or may not contain tobacco.
- I love very dark coffee with half and half.
- I took photography classes in high school and learned to shoot with a Pentax K-1000. I later bought a 1977 model from my brother-in-law, and I really loved that camera. It was stolen in 2008. I still get a little choked up when I think about losing it. Burglars suck. Except the Hamburglar. Wait, no. Even him … he sucks, too.
- I’ll watch any movie starring Robert Downey, Jr.
- My favorite romantic comedies are French Kiss and You’ve Got Mail.
- My favorite book is Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry.
Okay. That’s eight. But that’s okay.
Third, award 15 recently discovered great bloggers. This really is the fun part about being given this award!
Here are my picks, in no particular order, for the Stylish Blogger Award!
- Last American Baker, by Klecko.
- The Kitchen Poets Vault, by Kim Ode.
- La Pomme de Portland, by Carrie Minns. I actually discovered Carrie quite a while ago, but I had to include her wonderful blog.
- Everything But the Cake, by the Evil Cake Lady.
- Rainy Day Kitchen, by M. I think M must be a secret agent, but I don’t know for sure.
- My Baking Heart, by Jessica.
- Jumping Off the Cliff, by Steph.
- Shutter Sisters. Again, this is not newly discovered. I’ve been reading this blog for a long time. It’s very inspiring, so I had to include it.
- What Katie Ate, by Katie Quinn Davies.
- My Colombian Recipes, by Erica.
- Kiss My Spatula, by G.
- Uppercase Woman, by Cecily K.
- 120 Inspired, by Nathalie and Vanessa. And be sure to visit their online shop, 120 Water Street. Great stationery.
- My 26th Year, Nathalie’s 365 project.
- Almost Mexican. Jade hasn’t posted in a few months, but she’s been really busy. I hope she starts posting again soon!
Thanks again, so much, to Becky and Teresa.